Prepare for the continued success of your business after you're gone.
Business continuation tools can help you avoid the problems that can occur when a business owner dies. A life insurance funded business continuation strategy may provide a wide variety of benefits for your family and the business.
For your family:
- Helps prevent conflict with surviving owners
- Assure a fair price for the business
- May set the value of your business for federal estate tax purposes
- Can provide cash for your estate
For the business:
- Allow you to maintain control of the business
- Helps prevent disputes
- Assures orderly transfer of the business upon death
- Provides an income tax-free death benefit to purchase shares of the business
Several business continuation strategies are available.
*The cost and availability of life insurance depend on factors such as age, health, and the type and amount of insurance purchased. Before implementing a strategy involving life insurance, it would be prudent to make sure that you are insurable by having the policy approved. As with most financial decisions, there are expenses associated with the purchase of life insurance. Policies commonly have mortality and expense charges. In addition, if a policy is surrendered prematurely, there may be surrender charges and income tax implications.