Prepare for the continued success of your business after you're gone.
Business continuation tools can help you avoid the problems that can occur when a business owner dies. A life insurance funded business continuation strategy may provide a wide variety of benefits for your family and the business.
For your family:
- Helps prevent conflict with surviving owners
- Assure a fair price for the business
- May set the value of your business for federal estate tax purposes
- Can provide cash for your estate
For the business:
- Allow you to maintain control of the business
- Helps prevent disputes
- Assures orderly transfer of the business upon death
- Provides an income tax-free death benefit to purchase shares of the business
Several business continuation strategies are available.
*Please keep in mind that the primary reason to purchase a life insurance product is the death benefit. Life insurance products contain fees, such as mortality and expense charges (which may increase over time), and may contain restrictions, such as surrender periods.